Changes

I am now living in Beijing, China. Kelani is in university in Louisiana. So many things to add to the recipe box.

Sunday, March 1, 2020

Mushroom Burgers


Adapted from the internet by me. I like to put these on a sweet potato biscuit.

3 cups sliced mushrooms-I prefer brown mushrooms, they seem to have more flavor
1 onion
3 cloves garlic
your choice of spices


3 tablespoons oats
1/3 cup of bread crumbs
1 large egg, beaten (I use 2 because the eggs here in China are small)
½ cup grated parmesan or cheddar cheese
oil or butter for sautéing the mushrooms, garlic, and onions

Sauté the sliced mushrooms, I like the flavor if they are browned with butter (don’t crowd the mushrooms!). Set them aside and sauté the garlic and onion until they are softened. Put the mushrooms, spices and onions in the food processor and process them.

Put the mixture in a bowl, add the egg(s), oats, bread crumbs and cheese. Mix it all up and them make your patties.

Some people fry their patties, I prefer to bake them in my convection oven.
Bake at 400 F (200 C), for about 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment