Changes

I am now living in Beijing, China. Kelani is in university in Louisiana. So many things to add to the recipe box.

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Freezing Fruit


The International Counselor wanted to know about freezing fruit. I have not thought about it, but here it goes.

I usually buy more fruit than we can eat, as it all looks so good. For peaches and strawberries I usually freeze the excess. For raspberries, apricots, and cherries I make preserves to put on toast in the morning (or inside a quesadilla).

I clean and cut up the fruit before it is too ripe. I put the fruit in plastic bags designed for freezing- that keeps the freezer burn out. When I am ready to use the fruit, I take it out of the freezer and place the bag in a bowl or on paper towels (there will be condensation). The fruit is also good in smoothies- you can pack your little bags for smoothies too.

Luckily for me, my freezer consists of two drawers, so it is much easier to store things. For the freezer that things get thrown into, you may want a rectangular Tupperware container to keep your bags of fruit in so that they do not wander away.

No comments:

Post a Comment