Changes

I am now living in Beijing, China. Kelani is in university in Louisiana. So many things to add to the recipe box.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Peach Cobbler

Some people are already enjoying their summer vacation. My friend, Lucy who got me started on this blog, has asked for a Peach Cobbler recipe. It is below. The peaches in summer are fantastic, so we often cut them up and freeze them so we can also enjoy peach cobblers in the winter. You can add additional fruit too, not too much at once though. No picture yet, Lucy will need to send me one!

Peach Cobbler

This is a basic recipe from my mom; I do not know where she got it. And I am doing this from memory, which should be okay; however I have been working on reports and grades.

Buttered 9 X 13 inch rectangular pan
Peaches, sliced- enough to comfortably cover a 13 X 9 inch pan 3 -5 sliced peaches deep
1-2 tablespoons lemon, lime or liqueur (I like Grande Marnier)

1 stick or half a cup or 4 ounces butter, softened but NOT mushy falling apart soft
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar- in Turkey I use white sugar and two tablespoons
molasses as we have no brown sugar
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, or 180 C. Place sliced peaches in the pan, squeeze a little lemon or lime or liqueur over the peaches.

Place butter, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg in a food processor. Pulse until it is like crumbs. Cover the peaches with the topping, spread it evenly.

Cook in the oven until the peach juice is bubbling (about 45 minutes to an hour depending on your oven). It should make the house smell good too. Goes great with home-made vanilla ice cream!

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Love peach cobbler...

    Can you post about storing seasonal food (fruit, mostly) to use during the winter-- we don't get good fruit in the winter and I miss it.

    ReplyDelete