Changes

I am now living in Beijing, China. Kelani is in university in Louisiana. So many things to add to the recipe box.

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Lamb Ribs




Some Saturdays I don’t feel like making the 25 minute uphill walk to the market, but am always happy we did it. This time, besides the usual greens we bought some pink grapefruit (K-dog’s favorite with honey) and leeks so I guess I’ll be making some soup. We also bought 7 colorful U C Bennetton t-shirts for 50 TL.
I had bought some lamb ribs. K-dog loves baby back pork ribs which are extremely difficult to find and certainly not within walking distance. The lamb ribs look similar to the pork ones, just not as meaty. I was afraid that our dinner would have to be thrown into a pot to make brown sauce, but it worked out.
I put a 9 by 13 pan in the oven (the usual temp) with a couple of tablespoons of butter in the bottom. Once the butter had melted I put chopped leek and onion on the bottom, then the lamb ribs (which I salted with garlic salt and peppered) on top and cooked for 10 minutes. I flipped the ribs over and covered with chopped tomatoes (which I had stirred a tablespoon of curry powder into) and cooked for 20 more minutes. I did not separate the ribs until after they were cooked. I served it on top of Basmati rice. It reminded me of the trip to Xin Jiang province about 11 years ago. It was good, but I should have trimmed some of the fat before cooking, next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment