Changes

I am now living in Beijing, China. Kelani is in university in Louisiana. So many things to add to the recipe box.

Friday, March 5, 2010

Lasagna- Part 4 Putting it all together

Putting it all together-Well here is where I am a real novice. I did not try making lasagna until about 3-4 years ago in Peru. You will have to use your expertise/intuition in some spots here.

450 grams (1 lb) lean ground beef- of course you are welcome to substitute
1 ½ cups marinated eggplant- drain off the oil
1 ½ cups (?) red sauce

Béchamel and JH sauce combo

Lasagna noodles- I like the no-cook ones (I don’t know what they are called; they soften while cooking with everything else.)

Cheese- I mix a mozzarella type cheese with a crumbly salty goat cheese type (feta?)

Pre-heat the oven to 180 C (350ish F)-actually that seems to be the most consistent temperature these overseas ovens can maintain.

I use a pan that is a little bigger than a 9 X 13 pan, and rub some butter in the bottom of the pan

Fry the beef, add the eggplant and red sauce. Taste test (I do not like to do that, spoils the surprise at the end) or smell test if you want to make sure it is flavorful enough. The carrots in the red sauce should have acted as enough sugar for the sauce.

Assemble the lasagna-
1. Green sauce on bottom of pan
2. Noodles
3. Red sauce
4. Cheese
5. Green –noodle-red finish it-cheese
6. Noodle-finish green-cheese

Cover with foil, bake 20 minutes. Take off the foil; bake another 20 minutes until it is bubbling. Cool for 15 minutes before cutting up.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment